it's been a while since i did one of these... here's some of my favorite things lately... inspired by, coveting, + totally adoring...
- listening to : jonsi
- my usual springtime covet : swedish hasbeen super high peep toe clogs
- favorite place to spend an afternoon: new york's one + only clic gallery. a space devoted entirely to photography exhibits + photography books.
- my new favorite spot to meet people...meetup.com
do something, learn something, share something, change something
sort of, basically my mantra.
- anyone who knows me, or follows my rants + raves knows that i'm a big believer + supporter of kiva microlending (btw, sidenote: my girl modesta, in nigeria, has paid back $12.50, or 25% of her loan on time... so amazed...) anyways, recently discovered kickstarter. it's like kiva for artists, designers, filmmakers, musicians, journalists, inventors, explorers. microlending to fund the big ideas from small people like you + i. check it out... it's amazing.
- in shock an awe that a little mention on cup of jo would blow my site traffic out of the water, to the extent that I had to go + buy more bandwidth pronto. that joanna goddard is the queen of web traffic. 8000 unique hits in 3 days + counting...
- last but not least... it's spring in new york city. i'm all a flutter with blooming flowers + promise of all that this city has to offer... btw, did you know that you can rent row boats in central park, + visit a zoo there, + forage for mushrooms? true story.
- last but not least, one of my favorite letterpress designer's ever is raising funds + awareness for her son who has a rare neuromuscular disorder called Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 2. She started a blog to reach out + ask for financial help. stop by + learn their story + give a little something if you can...
- we love liam. do it.